Monday, May 21, 2018

Monday Morning Star Count - Starting Year Two

I've been back and forth about starting a second year of temperatures, but I've had a good time with the first year, so I decided to go ahead and start a new year.  I'm also curious to see how one year compares with the next.


Year Two of the temperature quilt 

Week 1, April 29 - May 5 

75, 77, 82, 75, 82, 73, 75 

I haven't decided on the background, so you are seeing my ironing board cover in these photos.



Week 2, May 6 - 12 

79, 70, 55, 55, 61, 70, 75 

 


Sarah at Sarah Did It! is continuing to host us on Wednesdays, so please check out the temperatures around the world.


My temperature/color (Fahrenheit) scheme remains the same for year two (happily I did not need brown, white, or black last year): 

100 + Brown 

90-99 Red  

80-89 Orange 

70-79 Yellow  

60-69 Green  

50-59 Blue 

40-49 Purple 

30-39 Pink 

20-29 White 

10-19 Black  


I'm still working on finishing Year One.  I stitched this identifier for the top border, but haven't managed to attach it yet.






11 comments:

Julie said...

A lovely temp quilt from last year.
I'm playing catch up blog reading and enjoyed learning about Guam and your adventures there. Love those cute little snowmen!

FlashinScissors said...

Your quilt is very pretty! It will be very interesting to see how next year’s compares!
Hugs
Barbara xx

Queeniepatch said...

This is a nice 'diary' and the result is always interesting as well as pleasing.

Vireya said...

Good for you, Pamela! It will be good to see the comparison between the two years. I like the heading you have done for the first one.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela i think thats a great idea it will be interesting to see how close or different the temps are,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

kiwikid said...

Will be good to see the comparison. Looks like it is starting much the same.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Beautiful!! I can see how these blocks would become addictive. Perhaps I'll start one at the first of the year. I'm giving it serious thought!!
xx, Carol

Shirlee Fassell said...

Wow never heard of a temperature quilt before! This spring has been crazy here in Massachusetts one day it’s 80 the next it’s snowing. What fun to see the finished product.

Faith... said...

That is very pretty! Looks like it does not get to cold there, which (in my opinion) is a great thing. It will be great to be able to compare the two years together.

Leonore Winterer said...

I would have missed those temperature checks if you hadn't decieded to continue for another year, yo I'm glad you did :)

Sarah said...

I'm soooooo pleased that you are playing along again! I'll be using the same color scale this year but I'm still debating to do it scrappy or pick just one fabric for each color since I'll be working on a smaller scale. I best get that decided ASAP...